4.0 Introduction to Field Mapping Management
In this section, Project Managers will find tools and resources to lead and manage field mapping activities as well as resources designed for their team including:
- Step-by-step guides for surveyors, mappers and field supervisors to manage and use data collection tools in the field
- Resources and step-by-step guides for managers on how to organize and monitor teams in the field
Effective Field Mapping Management - knowing when, where, and what data is collected by each team member - is critical to ensuring that mapping efforts are done in a timely and safe manner with high quality and completeness. Additionally, field supervisors and team members will need the skills to set-up and manage field data collection tools. This section provides guides for setting up and using three tools: OpenDataKit, OpenMapKit, and OSMTracker.
- 4.1 Managing teams in the field provides project managers and supervisors with tools and resources to assign and coordinate mapping assignment areas (or enumeration areas) to team members and mappers.
- 4.2 Using ODK Collect serves as a step-by-step guide for surveyors, mappers, and field surveyors to set up and use ODK Collect.
- 4.3 Using OpenMapKit serves as a step-by-step guide for surveyors, mappers, and field surveyors to set up and use OpenMapKit.
- 4.4 Using OSM Tracker serves as a step-by-step guide for surveyors, mappers, and field surveyors to set up and use OSM Tracker.